THE MAGIC BEHIND PRP FOR HAIR RESTORATION
Hair loss is a genetic condition that can affect both men and women. To resolve this embarrassing issue, a variety of options are available, including prescription medications and surgical hair restoration. But, both can be very costly and come with unwanted side effects. With a new affordable solution, you can regain your hair density without surgery or harmful side effects. Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) for hair restoration involves a simple injection of your own platelets into the vascular layer of your scalp!
WILLOW AESTHETICS IS A PROUD PRP INJECTION PROVIDER IN SAN ANTONIO THAT CAN HELP PROMOTE NEW HAIR GROWTH AND NEW COLLAGEN!
Hair restoration with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is non-surgical and has a short recovery period. The PRP treatment uses the growth factors in a person’s own blood to restore their hair. The patients blood is collected, then the PRP is isolated and injected in tiny amounts into the thinning and balding areas of the scalp. It uses the collected growth factors to stimulate the development of new hair follicles while improving the health of existing ones.
WHO IS IT FOR?
If one of the first photos applies to you, you’re likely a hair restoration candidate!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
THE DOS AND DON’TS FOR PRP INJECTIONS
- Before the procedure, shampoo and condition your hair. This ensures that it is clean and free of grease and dirt.
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast and drink plenty of water. By doing so, you will be less likely to experience dizziness, fainting, or nausea. We will draw blood.
- Get back to your normal routine. Unlike other procedures, you should not feel drowsy or fatigued after the procedure.
- Unless the injection area is especially irritated or painful, wash your hair as normal.
- Three days prior to your PRP injections, don’t use any hair products like hairspray or gel. This can negatively affect you later.
- Don’t smoke or drink heavily before, if possible. Your platelet count will be greatly reduced, which might disqualify you from the procedure.
- After receiving PRP injections, don’t color or perm your hair for at least 72 hours. It is possible that the harsh chemicals will irritate the injection site and cause complications. Also, it worsens scalp pain.
Are you ready to take control of your hair growth?